Welcome To My Blog!

Thank-you for stopping by my blog!

Immediate Networking:
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/aaron-price/8/a20/983

......


Ke hoole okunyangadgala, na ki ifala komukodhi omunene.
(Ovambo Proverb: Namibia)
-This proverb cautions those who wander around the world aimlessly, as it can lead to disaster. In this case -the claws of a hawk! Live with passion and purpose. Nourish what inspires you -and run with it.

Kazana kulima, vyakupewa havitoshelezi.
(Bena Proverb: Tanzania)
-Preserve your life with farming, because handouts will not satisfy you. There is so much to be said about this simple phrase and sustainable community development.

About Me

My photo
New York, New York, United States
More details to come. This blog will document my travels/work/photos/stories post grad school at Columbia.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, June 28, 2009

    MTC Internet and Power Adapters...

    Well, I finally moved out of my old apartment here in Windhoek. Chris, my boss, has a second house he's in the middle of selling and its a great set up. There is a nice brick grill out back and I hope to be grilling soon 8D

    There is a good chance I'll be living at my old place again, even if the new guy decides to stay. Jergen talked it over with his wife and told me he understands my situation and being so close to work while living with his family and offered to put me up in a nice little place right in front of the pool! He showed me the set up and it has a kitchen area, an L shaped table in the corner, shower, and I actually hope the new guy stays so I can move down there! There is even a potters wheel in this room.

    It would be so nice to wake up with a pool/lemon tree view every morning while having a spacious living area. Either way, I'll be moving back in with Jergen and his family 8D

    A group from WWF DC are here helping WWF Namibia work through a 10 year Strategic Planning session. SO lucky to be a part of this discussion. I'm hoping to make one of the new initiatives a huge part of my thesis and become part of the greatest African conservation story ever. I'll talk more about this when are planning session is over.

    Today, my new colleague/roommate Erica and I had a successful shopping day at the mall here in Windhoek. Its handy having a grocery store located in mall! We picked up some random camping gear, food, and I splurged on a South Africa rugby jersey. Yesterday, Erica, Kieth, and myself joined Greg and Richard for a Lions vs. Springbok Rugby game and I was impressed with South Africa, thus decided to by one of their jerseys. I'm not convinced rugby players hit has hard as the NFL players do in the states [those hits would kill a person] and the tackling and hitting style is different, but still entertaining. Erica and I are planning to hike around our new place before heading out tonight to watch the US and Brazil soccer match with other WWF colleagues.

    I also finally have really slow Internet. MTC, the local cell phone provider has a modem Internet stick and I'm able to check my emails at night and during the weekends too. Its not very good with facebook or many news sites, but Internet is so expensive here -can't complain too much.

    I'm in dire need of a American/Namibia power adapter! My computer only has a few minutes of life left, but I'm just dropping a line to let everyone know all is well here in Namibia and I'll follow through with last week's game count stories.

    A.E. Price

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Gracie Creek Ranch's Fan Box

    Followers