Welcome To My Blog!

Thank-you for stopping by my blog!

Immediate Networking:
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/aaron-price/8/a20/983

......


Ke hoole okunyangadgala, na ki ifala komukodhi omunene.
(Ovambo Proverb: Namibia)
-This proverb cautions those who wander around the world aimlessly, as it can lead to disaster. In this case -the claws of a hawk! Live with passion and purpose. Nourish what inspires you -and run with it.

Kazana kulima, vyakupewa havitoshelezi.
(Bena Proverb: Tanzania)
-Preserve your life with farming, because handouts will not satisfy you. There is so much to be said about this simple phrase and sustainable community development.

About Me

My photo
New York, New York, United States
More details to come. This blog will document my travels/work/photos/stories post grad school at Columbia.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, December 7, 2009

    The Last Week

    Greetings Friends, Family, and Readers:

    I can't believe this is my last week here in Namibia for awhile. My flight leaves Windhoek for Jo'burg this Saturday, then I'll be flying out at midnight from Jo'burg to Amsterdam, then to Memphis, and finally Omaha on Sunday Dec. 13th.

    Things are winding down nicely and I'm bracing myself for another transition period that will include time on the ranch, completing grad school applications, dealing with a media frenzy, and figuring out how to adjust to snow and 5 degree F weather vs. sunny and 95 degree F amazing-ness... I always seem to find another big thing to cling onto, so I'm not too worried about this transition phase. It's just how I roll. 8D

    What does one do with 5 days left?

    Well, I'm making my rounds at the craft center buying gifts for the holidays, printing out pictures to send to people I interviewed, planning a going away party, and reflecting on my wonderful time here. I've seen so many things in Namibia and have traveled this area far and wide, and there are no crafts, items, ect. I feel I really need besides my own pictures and memories at this point.

    Larkin and I both traveled to the airport this last Saturday to deliver boxes of books and such to be air cargoed to Omaha. Things started hitting both of us that Namibia is almost over. We had a good talk about things and both mentioned that we'll be coming back in the future for various other projects. Its a pitty we're both leaving at this point, because we're all hitting a nice stride with meeting the right people, with lots of data that needs to be crunched in other ways, and projects are just flowing through our heads right now. We definitely have unfinished business.

    Its worth noting I was able to watch the college division championship games and I'm just heartbroken over the Husker's loss to Texas. Thanks to Oliver [US gov employee] and military channel TV, I was able to watch the entire game that finished at 6:30 AM Namibia time.

    I'm very proud of Suh and the Blackshirts. This blog is making its rounds and Suh, if you're reading this, thank-you so much for your leadership and keeping it real for the Blackshirts. I haven't seen anyone play with your intensity in a long time. Even when I consider the early 90's teams, you stand out above my idols of that period. I look forward to your professional career and congratulate you and your teammates for putting the fear of the Blackshirts in every top 5 ranked offense in the country. You can roll with the best of them. GO BIG RED!!!

    The first thing I'm going to do when I return to the ranch, is dig out my Blackshirts T-shirt and wear it with pride. It will also suit me well to try and find tickets for the Holiday Bowl and take in the last game before the season ends, while visiting some colleges out there in the process.

    After I return to the states and have time to think about things and ect. I'll be posting a recap message that will show what I've learned and what my game plan is with my neighbors and the Northern Great Plains. And my blogging won't stop once I return. This site will transition into a ranch blog, and will continue telling the other chapters of this story as things develop.

    I gotta run! Thanks for reading!

    Cheers,

    A.E. Price

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Gracie Creek Ranch's Fan Box

    Followers